Monday, June 16, 2014

The Amazing Screened-In Porch

Here, for all of the internet world to see, I declare my undying love for our screened-in porch!  In the past, before MorWynd Farm, I considered my life complete without a screened-in porch.  There were times, I admit with some shame, that I thought a deck was better.  Oh how wrong I was.  How naive!  How foolish!
Just last night, we watched a brewing storm from the screened-in porch.  The clouds glowed an ominous, hazy golden color and the thunder rumbled longer than I have ever heard thunder rumble (Jon says that this is unlikely to be true, but I persist in believing it).  During the hot summer days, I sit and read out on the porch, enjoying the breezes from the shelter of the roof and screens.  Meals on the screened-in porch are lovely, enjoying the outdoors without flies competing for the sustenance! 
But, probably my favorite thing to do on the screened-in porch is watch the sunset.  We have a lovely view of the sunset.






“A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east.”
― John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

No comments:

Post a Comment